- We charge by individual motion system axis and linear way guide. Please call for pricing for your specific equipment.
- Parts are reimbursed by the customer - in cases where parts are necessary the customer will order and have before we arrive or will replace the parts we use as part of the service.
Travel Related Charges
- Mileage: $.58/mi (from and back to our service office)
- Travel Hours: $32.50/hr (from and back to our service office)
- Hotel: $85/night
- Per Diem: $50/day per technician
- Our travel policy is designed to provide repair cost control for our customers.
- Air Travel: flight, rental car, and fuel/mileage will be quoted as a flat rate based on your location and estimated days of work.
- On occasion we are asked to perform other inspection, cleaning, lubrication procedures. For service that falls under this category, we charge a low service rate of only $67.50/hr (half the O.E.M. service rate).
- When we service more than one customer, our policy is to split travel expenses between those customers when they are within 200 miles.
- One technician will be required to complete a ballscrew repair job in one business day.
With Ballscrew Guys / Richardson Precision, Inc.
Labor / travel & parts for a local service (100 mi or less ) for a repairable assembly (1) ball screw, usually has an invoice of about $1,500.00. The machine will be out of production for less than (2) shifts. The lead error values in the control will not be changed, as the repair will not change the screw lead. (parts & labor are usually about $750.00 for Y-Axis screws and $1250 for X-Axis screws) lead screws over 60" in length, or those with diameters over 2.500" are usually somewhat more.
With a Pre-Ordered New Assembly from the OEM
It normally takes 4 hours to remove and re-install a new ball screw assembly. The true lead must read by a precision inspection service. The lead error values in the control must be changed to reflect the accuracy profile of the new assembly. That inspection service usually takes (4) hours. Your total parts & service invoices may be $5,000 - $20,000. Your machine is out of production for (1) to (2) days if scheduling is perfect.
With a Regrind Facility, Remanufacturered Assembly
Removal, packaging, shipping, repair turn-a-round time, return-shipping and re-assembly is possible in a week. The lead error values in the control must be changed to reflect the accuracy profile of the re-ground assembly. The lead error compensation tables should be measured and re-entered. The total costs will be $3,500 to $12.000. At the expense of 1 week lost production. If scheduling is perfect.
We make all efforts to compete repairs in one business day, start to finish. In many cases it is not the cost of our repair that matters, it's the cost of the lost production that does.